Don’t Get Embarrassed When You Open Your Shoes
You might be traveling to any place or just sitting at your workplace, have you noticed people giving you a weird look? Or maybe people are reluctant to come close to you when you’re standing or sitting close to them. Yes, it might be the insufferable odor of your feet. That awful smelly feet are not at all acceptable.
If stinky feet are causing a problem in your life, then it becomes imperative for you to understand the reason behind this problem. Before delving deeper into the remedy which you can find at your home; it will be better to provide a few tips about footwear.
Why Do We Get Smelly Feet?
Any kind of people can get such feet which do not smell nice. Let’s find out why your feet are devoid of good smell.
- Due to the hormonal changes, pregnant women and teenagers can get a smelly foot.
- If you’re reusing sweat socks before it gets dry, then also you can face this problem.
- Stay away from excessively tight shoes as it won’t allow your feet to breathe properly and sweat more often than usual.
- Lead a healthy and stress-free life, so that you don’t face such a problem more often.
- One kind of medical condition called hyperhidrosis might be giving you hard time keeping your feet away from bad odor.
How to Stop Foot Smell
After seeing what’s causing foot smell, let’s check how we can stop it so that we can avoid embarrassment in public.
Check your Footwear
If we are talking about foot smell, then how can we forget about footwear? Your footwear is the major determinant whether your feet will smell good or bad.
- When we wear socks, which are made from sweat-wicking material instead of using cotton socks, your foot does not get breathing space and starts smelling.
- Choose socks which come with closed-toe shoes.
- Wear canvas shoes or leather instead of using plastic shoes as they will not let your foot breathe.
- Using the same shoe every day is not a wise decision. Wearing the same shoe every day does not allow your feet to breathe.
Foot Care and Hygiene
- Don’t keep your feet wet and dry them properly, especially between your toes.
- Your toenail should be kept clean and short.
- Also, do not allow any dead skin in your foot.
- Make your foot clean with antibacterial soap once in a day.
- Use deodorant or antiperspirant on your feet.
- Use foot powder which can absorb sweat.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Stinky feet
Few at-home tips are unparalleled in keeping your feet odor at bay.
Let your feet take a vinegar bath so that they can get protected from bacteria. Soak your foot in 2 parts of water and 1 part of vinegar.
Take a salt bath for 10-15 minutes every day to get rid of feet smell. Soak your feet in ½ cup of kosher or Epsom salt and 4 cups of water. Then, dry your feet thoroughly.
Soak your feet on tea every day for 20 minutes. To prepare it, soak 4 to 5 tea bags in one-quarter of water.
A Piece of Advice
It becomes extremely embarrassing when you open your shoes and people around you almost get fainted. Yes, the foot smell is the most embarrassing situation in public places like fart or burp. So, don’t stay with it for so long. As you know the reason behind the stink in your feet and know the remedy behind it; so just follow them and save yourself from this chagrin.
You can also read: WINTER IS INCOMPLETE WITHOUT SWEET POTATO – KNOW ITS BENEFITS